Is Your Son or Daughter Facing a Juvenile Theft Wrap in rhode island?
As much as you love your kids, you know that they are going to make mistakes from time to time.
That said things become more than a little dicey if they are charged with juvenile theft.
Whether it is shoplifting at a business, stealing from classmates, swiping something from a neighbor’s house, the fallout can be extreme on a number of fronts.
So, will you know which Rhode Island criminal defense lawyer to turn to if you and your child are pressed with such a situation?
In your search for the right criminal defense lawyer in Rhode Island, be sure to look at the following matters:
- Amount of years in the legal field defending juveniles.
- Their ratio for success to failure in either winning dismissal of the charge/s or obtaining an acceptable plea deal.
- Ability to communicate with children. Some kids will literally go into a shell facing such charges; it is up to the lawyer to get through to them about the seriousness of the case.
- Finding a criminal defense lawyer who knows the ins-and-outs of the Rhode Island legal system, including knowing many of the prosecutors and how they approach such juvenile theft cases.
When meeting with your Rhode Island legal team, make sure your child is as up front about what he or she allegedly did.
Look at the following:
- Is there evidence (eyewitness statements or video) to show to the contrary that they did steal an item or items?
- Were they treated fairly by law enforcement?
- Are they being offered a fair plea deal if there is little to no chance of the charge or charges being dismissed?
Remember, one juvenile theft conviction has the potential to change your son or daughter’s life in a negative manner for years to come.
In those cases, finding the right criminal defense lawyer is a necessity, not a choice.